Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Jurassic Park 4

I usually wouldn't be that interested in anything that goes on at Comic-Con.  Except this year.  Except when it has to do with dinosaurs. When it comes to dinosaurs, I turn into the same nerdy puddle of excitement as the rest of the crowd when they hear something like "Star Trek" or "Battlestar Gallactica." 


This year, Steven Spielberg announced that he has a writer and a storyline for Jurassic Park 4.  Hallelujah!  Because we all know Terra Nova kind of sucks.  I wrote about it a couple weeks ago and then the New York Times confirmed my feelings when Mike Hale wrote "We've seen it and it's issues before.  It's also so predictable that you might want to fast forward through the domestic-drama scenes [...] stopping whenever you see something that looks like action or a dinosaur."  I do so love it when my opinions are validated by the New York Times. 

One of my favorite scenes from the earlier movies

So now I just have to sit patiently and wait two or three years while they make this new masterpiece, hoping and praying they get Jeff Goldblum on board (it's rumored he already is).  Saldy, YouTube offers no solace as I wait eagerly for any new scrap of information.  You can certainly search "Jurassic Park 4 Trailer" and get a bunch of hits, but be prepared for disappointment.  They are not real!  Who would tease a poor, (highly gullible) dinosaur-loving girl like that? 

I guess it just goes to show there are other fans out there so excited for a piece (or a bite) of the action, they are willing to make it up themselves.  There are also a bunch of fan-created movie posters out there too.  I'll see you in line in two years dinosaur nerds!

No comments:

Post a Comment