Monday, November 28, 2011

Friday - Black Friday Deals In the Dark

Midnight openings made it so Black Friday really started on Thursday.  At 11 o'clock, Jake and I lined up outside of Target in a line that wrapped around three sides of the store.  At midnight I was wondering aloud why the line hadn't started to move and the girls in front of me told me that because of some silly Blue Laws, stores in Rhode Island and Massachusetts weren't opening until 1:00am.  I was devastated.  But it felt good to watch the line continue to grow behind us, giving me at least some sense of superiority in exchange for an additional hour spent outside in the cold.

My feet grew quite chilly, but we exchanged Black Friday horror stories and judgments of the teenagers wearing nothing but leggings and sweatshirts with the mom behind us and played along with the Would You Rather game of the three girls in front of us (yes we agree we'd rather have huge ears than a huge nose, but no we don't think choosing electricity over running water is your best bet).

Once we got inside I made a beeline for my new netbook (on which I am currently blogging) at a cool $157 and some other gift items not to be named yet.  Overall, it was a great head start on my Christmas shopping which I am not ashamed to brag is now almost complete!

Despite a long wait in the cold, Black Friday ended beautifully with a perfect golden sunset over the ocean, reminding us all of the truly beautiful things in life (shopping and sunsets, if you were confused.)



No comments:

Post a Comment