Thursday, November 3, 2011

Return of the Coupons!

I've blogged about couponing before.  I was inspired by the TLC show "Extreme Couponing" and since then I've tried to gather my own collection of coupons, organized into my coupon accordion file.  My categories are not that scientific, things like: food I always buy (Yoplait yogurt), food I rarely buy but might want at some point (Pillsbury biscuits), and non-food products (Crest toothpaste).  


I've been lucky to boost my stock because Jake's aunt sent us a manilla envelope filled with newspaper coupon inserts.  Jake had a great time watching me clip the coupons, laughing every time I got excited over a really good Cheerios or Pantene coupon.  What can I say, I love to save!


These are the kinds of receipts that I love to see.  36% savings is one of my best showings.  Granted, it was a small shopping trip, which mostly consisted of SmartOnes entrees that were buy three get three free, but still.  Since I've gotten my coupon stock up to snuff, I've saved $25.85 in my last four trips to the grocery store.  Success! 

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I've been getting some 50% savings receipts! Our grocery store, Safeway, has the largest online coupon site of any store, and rather than clipping coupons, all the manufacturer coupons are up there, and I just add them right to my Safeway card. Serious awesomeness that I think every store should adopt immediately. My mother-in-law also told me she gets a lot of coupons from some online sites that you can just print right out. Oh, and one more thing - regarding Pillsbury biscuit coupons. The store brand here is almost always cheaper than Pillsbury, even with the coupons. So check if your grocery has their own version. And I made this yummy recipe with biscuits last night, really easy:

    Make taco meat (with veggies if you like, as well) in a skillet. Flatten out all the biscuits with a rolling pin. Put about 1/4 cup of the meant mix on top of 1/2 of the biscuits. Throw on some cheese. Put the other 1/2 of the biscuits on top of each of the others, and seal each one shut like a sandwich. Bake in the oven as directed for the biscuits. (Usually something like 15 min at 350.) DELICIOUS little "taco puffs" mmmmm! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. Ignore bad grammar and typos....you get the idea....

    ReplyDelete