Tuesday, September 27, 2011

New TV Review: Terra Nova

So admittedly, this is not the type of show I would typically tune into, except for one thing: dinosaurs.  I love dinosaurs.  Like, an eight-year-old boy type of love.  I watch NatGeo specials about dinosaurs and I totally lose it at natural history museums; it's crazy.



And the dinosaurs in this show didn't disappoint.  It was just everything else that did.  For those of you who haven't seen the previews I've got a little youtube video for you.  Basically in the future the Earth is uninhabitable because of pollution and so humans have devised a way to go back in time (85 million years to be exact) to build a new society.

If this sounds like every environmental dystopia you've ever seen, plus Jurassic Park, plus Lost you're right.  The show is incredibly derivative and just feels like a poor knock-off.  The two-hour pilot, unlike a movie of a similar length, moved too quickly to actually incite any emotional involvement because it was trying to set up a whole range of future story lines rather than exploring one and bringing it to completion.

So my suggestion: Netflix a NatGeo special instead.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't even watched it, but I thought from the previews that it looked like Lost meet Jurassic Park. Like those literal words crossed my brain....

    ReplyDelete