Monday, September 19, 2011

What to Watch this New Fall TV Season

Fall is a great time of year.  Everything is changing and everything feels new - a new school year, a change of seasons, and a brand new season of Fall TV!  This Fall has brought me more than the usual number of changes as you all know and I'm looking forward to getting back to my familiar favorites on the tube.  Most shows start up this very week!  Below is a list of the shows I'll be tuning into and putting on my DVR and you should know that "my recommendation is essentially a guarantee."  You should also know that that's a Ron Swanson quote and not actually a fact as I'm notorious for loving terrible television.  But it's not all bad, I promise!  And what is bad, is awesomely bad so it's still worth checking out, at least in my opinion.

Monday

House 
Fox 8 pm
While I'm beginning to get sick of that predictable moment when the solution visibly crosses House's mind in the middle of a conversation it's still worth tuning into.

The Sing-Off
NBC 8pm
I LOVE a cappella!  This show is hopeful and full of beautiful voices.  Plus, it has music genius Nick Lachey, ugh I mean Ben Folds.

Tuesday

Glee
Fox 8pm
While it seemed to be sliding last season I can't wait to see the new students from The Glee Project.  Here's hoping for more Top 40 smashes and Darren Criss.

The New Girl
Fox 9pm
I haven't seen it yet, but it's one of the only new sitcoms that actually looks decent and possibly funny.  And since it comes on right after Glee, I'll definitely be checking it out.

Wednesday

Modern Family
ABC 9pm
Just won the Emmy for best comedy and it was well deserved.  This show is laugh out loud funny, true to real life and heartwarming.  The family sitcom at its best.

Thursday - aka Epic Day of Television

Community
NBC 8pm
This show has Chevy Chase.  And Joel McHale.  And plenty of quirky story lines and laughs to boot.  This show is still sort of the little brother of the rest of the lineup, but it is a lovable little brother for sure.

Parks and Recreation
NBC 8:30pm
This show is overlooked and it's so funny and so sweet.  It has Aziz Ansari and Amy Poehler who is hilarious.  It's another one with a great supporting cast (see my Ron Swanson quote at the beginning of this post) who are all unique and wonderful.  Leslie Knope for Mayor!

The Office
NBC 9pm
We're all skeptical with Steve Carrell gone, but this funny show is full of wonderful characters and you know you're curious to see where this show is going post-Michael Scott.

30 Rock
NBC TBA
This critical darling is one of the funniest shows on TV and features one of my favorite wish-I-could-be-friends-with-her celebrities: Tina Fey.  How could it possibly be the last season?  And how could you possibly not check it out?

Project Runway
Lifetime 9pm
See: Summer TV: Project Runway.  Make it work!

Jersey Shore
MTV 10pm
Like watching monkeys learn sign language - both fascinating and entertaining.

Grey's Anatomy
ABC 9pm
My favorite girly prime-time soap opera, I'm looking forward to another sappy season.  Last season ended on a very sad and distressing note so I'm hoping things are looking up for my girls when it returns, but not so much that there aren't a few good cries to be had.

Friday

Say Yes to the Dress
TLC 9pm
Can you say guilty pleasure?  It's ogling plus judging plus pretty, pretty prettiness.  To die for!

Saturday

Go out people; you can't watch TV every day

Sunday

Sister Wives
TLC 9pm
The craziest part of gawking at these polygamists is how shockingly normal they seem.  This season brings a new baby and what seems like plenty of family drama.  In a great political twist, the family is bringing a suit against what I agree are unfair polygamy laws.  It will seriously blow your mind.



2 comments:

  1. Ok, so Fox just got on my "bad" list. When I went to watch the first episode of Glee online yesterday, I was informed that it will only be available to people with a DISH network subscription for the first seven days after the airdate. I can see it in a week. Arghhhhh!!!!!!!!!! >:-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This lineup almost makes me wish baseball season was over to free up my TV schedule!

    ReplyDelete