Sunday, September 4, 2011

Cupcakes Continued

Sweet: Zero Brattle Street, Cambridge

Welcome back to the cupcake wagon!  But sadly, not everything can be Georgetown Cupcake or Kickass Cupcakes.  Sweet was exactly that.  The decor was super sweet, pink and white, and the cupcakes were the same - overly sweet.

I got a Peach Cobbler cupcake, which sounded really promising, but the peach filling was jam and not real peaches so it became extra sticky and extra sweet.  I did like the streusel topping on the cupcake though.  Anjali got a classic chocolate frosted cupcake.  We agreed that Sweet is better on the classics, but it still wasn't exactly my favorite.  The frosting was more like chocolate mousse rather than classic frosting.  If this is for you it could be a welcome change, but for me I love the frosting so it was sorely missed.  Both cupcakes did boat a very moist cake, which was very welcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment