Thursday, September 29, 2011

Meryl Streep in Stonington Borough

Her IMDB page starts with "Considered by many movie reviewers to be the greatest living film actress" and goes on to talk about her 16 Oscar nominations and how generally fabulous she is.  Swoon.  Oh and did I mention she is a Vassar alumna?  I saw her at graduation, just very briefly, but was instantly struck by how beautiful she was.

She is currently filming in the quaint Connecticut fishing village of Stonington Borough, where my parents happen to have a home.  This new film, Great Hope Springs, also stars Steve Carrell and Tommy Lee Jones.  IMDB describes the plot as "After thirty years of marriage, a middle-aged couple attends an intense counseling weekend to decide the fate of their marriage."  It's not a thrilling opener, but you can bet my butt is going to be in that cushy theater seat.

Mostly because my parent's house is likely to be in the movie!  This week their filming on our block.  My mom keeps texting me about Meryl being in a car right outside, or Tommy Lee Jones standing around outside our house.  And we though Mystic Pizza was exciting!

Meryl and Tommy stroll a transformed Water Street 

Make sure you check it out when it comes out this December.  Look for the blue house with the white front porch!


Photo Credit: Kathy Calnen, stonington.patch.com

1 comment:

  1. Somehow, I feel like I've seen this movie already. Somewhere between "Couple's Retreat" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1078940/ and "Did You Hear About the Morgans?" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1314228/

    ReplyDelete