Saturday, September 10, 2011

Adventure 4: Little Italy

While we were at the arts festival, I saw signs saying that we were in the "Historic North End."  I knew that the North End was where Little Italy was, but I wasn't familiar enough with the area to find it.  However, when we exited the grocer's market I finally recognized the area and became pretty confident I could get us to the Little Italy area and I did!  The neighborhood is really cute with lots of interesting architecture and, of course, Italian food.


I remembered from a visit with a friend that there is a place in Little Italy where there are two competing and famous bakeries that are known for their cannoli.  As we walked around we were lucky enough to find them.  We got fresh cannoli (you would think the plural is cannolis, but cannoli already is plural and cannolo is singular - thank you Wikipedia) at Mike's bakery and they were so good.  Sweet ricotta cream is really the best.  








No comments:

Post a Comment