Monday, September 5, 2011

Sunday at the SoWa Market

Yesterday Jake and I made our first venture into Boston to check out the SoWa market.  It was a great hybrid of arts and crafts fair, flea market, farmer's market, and food truck parade.  There were tons of neat vintage finds at the flea market and really interesting, modern art (as well as quirky tee shirts) in the craft booths.  The farmer's market seemed super fresh and had everything from veggies, to bread, to honey, to eggs and meat.  We got a couple peaches to enjoy as the season winds up.

The highlight for me though was the food.  I got my first ever bahn mi sandwich at the Bon Me truck.  Bahn mi is a Vietnamese sandwich served on a baguette with roasted pork, pate, mayo, cilantro, and pickled vegetables.  We also got truffle fries from the Roxy's Grilled Cheese truck.  I absolutely love anything with truffle and these fries were some of the best I've ever had.  We chose not to get a grilled cheese because Jake had tried them at an orientation event and found it disappointingly greasy.  There was a competing grilled cheese truck at the market with more interesting combos, but our bahn mi sandwiches were more than enough to fill us up.




You'll notice that the fries come with their own branded Next Great Food Truck Race paper liners.  This show, on Food Network Sundays at 9pm, follows food trucks as they travel around the country and compete to sell the most food.  For any lovers of street food, this show is really fun and it features Boston's Roxy's Grilled Cheese (as well as my favorites, the Korean tacos from Korilla of NYC).  


1 comment:

  1. All of your posts make me feel like I don't get out enough! We are trying to save for a lot of things, so I guess we do what works for us, but man those sandwiches look GOOD! :-)

    ReplyDelete