Thursday, December 8, 2011

Holiday Party Excitement

In addition to my tree, the other holiday cheer in my life revolves around my upcoming holiday party.  I have an elaborate menu planned out and I promise there will be pictures and recipes to come.

But first things first: the invitation!  I have been wanting to buy real paper invitations for a long time now and I finally decided this was a great time to splurge.  Let me tell you, the enjoyment I got from them was worth every penny.  From the "oooh fancy" remarks when we asked for people's addresses to send snail mail invites, to merrily addressing them in my new gold paint pen, to the excited reaction when people got them in the mail,  I never knew I could find so much joy in paper! (Okay I suspected, but now I know.)


1 comment:

  1. We are going to a holiday party at a friends' house next weekend. The wife of the couple hosting went to culinary school, and she just informed us that she bought LOBSTER TAILS for the party. I am just like.....wooooah! Yaayyyy!

    Of course, I also wish we were in the area to come to your party!

    But....lobster! :-D teehee

    ReplyDelete