Monday, December 5, 2011

Decking the Halls with Christmas Memories

I love Christmas and I love having a real tree in my home.  I really believe that every tree can tell a story, and here is mine.  



This Santa is an Annalee doll; we've always had them in my home and when I think about Christmas I always remember my flannel sheets, Christmas blanket and my Annalee elf that wrapped around one of the posts of my bed.  On the right is an antique ornament, one of many that have been in our family for what feels like forever and are now split between me and my siblings.  


I was the first child.  It's pretty clear from these ornaments my grandfather made out of my photo.  Also, I received about a million different bear ornaments since people called me (and sometimes do still call me) Sara Bear or Sara Bear-a

Some of my early hobbies: violin and ballet


                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             My donkeys!  The first because I'm an eternal pessimist and because we went to Disney World. The second to represent my 2004 summer in Boston and my progressive values.  Also a foreshadowing of my most recent move!


Hand-blown glass ornament made for me by my little brother.

One of my favorite ornaments in the bunch. I bought this to represent Jake and my first Christmas together in our own home.  

And if you happened to be wondering "Where are the bagels?" you just found one!  My classic order was a toasted sesame with scallion cream cheese. Mmmmm mmmm good.  

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of our tree a bit (except ours is a very full bushy type pine.) Also, random, but we have the same vacuum. ;-)

    ReplyDelete