Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Happy Holidays from The Network


This is me, my co-workers and the Board of the National Network of Abortion Funds.  Every day women call us and our Funds when they are short on the money they need for an abortion.  They've already asked everyone they know to borrow money and sold everything of value that they own, from their text books to their wedding ring to their diaper bags for their children they already have and love.

A couple days ago we got a letter in the office from a woman who was about my age.  She had recently lost her first child at a very young age and was continuing to pay off the cost of the funeral home.  She had left an abusive relationship and was struggling to get her life back on track.  She was incredibly grateful that we were able to help her pay for her abortion.  But we didn't pay for it.  People like you did.

For many women and teens, a small amount of money is all that separates them and the life they imagined for themselves; it's all that separates them from being able to make their own decisions about their lives and their health and having to carry their pregnancy to term.

I really believe in what I do and in what we all do together at the National Network and that's why I gave a gift this year, to be there for women in need.  Maybe if you're in a position to do so you'll click here and join me too.  I promise you there will be women around the country who will be very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment