Monday, July 25, 2011

Job Hunt Pt. II: Happy News!

I was about to post something I wrote recently about a serious job hunting error, but too many good things have happened since then to write about that.  I'm in upstate New York with my bagel buddy right now, staying in his aunt and uncle's lake house.  Before we left I got a call for an interview at a health care advocacy organization.  I'm going in to Boston on Friday and while I'm super excited to have another interview, now that I'm here I'm sad we're going to be cutting our vacation shorter than we might have had to.  It feels amazing to be away from it all.  We already cooked dinner, popped a bottle of wine, went for a night swim and baked a batch of brownies.  When I tested out the wi-fi I found two other emails with interview offers, one with a foundation and one with a women's organization.  It's a great way to start off a relaxing vacation and now I can only hope that more interviews and possibly an offer will roll in sometime soon.  Cheers to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment