Monday, November 18, 2013

How to Get a Free Cupcake at Georgetown Cupcake

So awhile back I wrote about how to skip the line at Georgetown Cupcake.  My witty response: you actually skip the line and go somewhere else.  Ah, I love having a blog where I can pretend to be witty. 

But now I take it all back.  Georgetown Cupcake has the best cupcakes around.  And now that they've opened up new locations (one conveniently around the corner from my office) I don't have to contend with long lines or wait for trips to D.C.

Better yet, Georgetown Cupcake happens to be in the habit of giving away 100 free cupcakes at each of their locations every day.  Thankfully for you, I've kicked my five cupcakes a week habit so I'm no longer feeling too greedy to keep this secret to myself. 

All you have to do is check their Facebook or Twitter for the morning announcement (usually around 9:45am) of the "super secret flavor."  Then go to Georgetown Cupcake and order this secret flavor by name and it will ring up $0. 


Pro tips
  •  Don't wait too long to get your cupcake, there's only 100 at each location and once they're gone you can't get a free cupcake again until tomorrow
  • If you happen to be especially motivated and get there right as the doors open, sometimes they won't have the secret flavor baked yet and they'll let you choose any flavor you want
  • On cold or rainy days the free cupcake supply tend to last longer, because the weak are less inclined to brave the poor weather in search of a free treat
  • You don't have to feel pressured to buy a second cupcake just because you got one for free.  Fight the man! (Okay it's owned by two sisters, but whatever)

No comments:

Post a Comment