Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Rafiki Bistro Can't Match Its Neighbor

Recently, there was a Groupon for Rafiki Bistro, a small restaurant in Cambridge right next door to our new favorite haunt, West Side Lounge.  So I scooped it up and Jake and I went to test it out.  Long story short: it's just like West Side except not quite as good and a bit more expensive.

We had a very delicious crab and avocado crostini appetizer and I absolutely loved my cocktail of gin, grapefruit juice and that now ubiquitous St. Germain.  And I enjoyed my entree of crispy cod, although the sweet potato gratin lacked flavor.  But Jake's steak frites was served medium to medium-well when he ordered it rare.  And we kept shivering every time someone walked through the door.

We're still not sure how these two stay neighbors when Rafiki is clearly losing the game of keeping up with the Joneses, but you'll find us next door at West Side from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment