Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Christmas of Unique Gifts

I have so many thoughtful, wonderful people in my life.  This year they bowled me over with unique Christmas gifts that I know I'll have for a lifetime.

Jake got me this beautiful stained glass window.  It's special to me for so many reasons.  It's a New York City skyline to remember the city we fell in love with and where we made our first home together.  He also commissioned it from my brother who made it by hand.


And Pam made me this amazing quilt out of all my old running shirts!  It reminds me of the off-track relay we ran together and came in last, the horrible race in the mud and rain in the Bronx, and our first ever invitational at Windham as freshmen mere days after 9/11.  She had to scheme with my mom to get all these shirts and then she turned them into this warm, sweatshirty quilt that I've had over my lap every day since I got back to Boston.


I love my gifts, and my boyfriend and best friend, dearly but now the pressure is on for each of their upcoming birthdays!

3 comments:

  1. I thought I posted a comment, but now I don't see it here. It basically said that these are awesome gifts, and I am super impressed! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGGGGGGGGG The off track relay! That was the BEST thing ever and I completely forgot about that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never thought of this gift before...I am glad you share it.

    Send gifts to pakistan

    ReplyDelete