Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Cupcake Update: Halloween Edition

So some of you may be wondering: Where have all the cupcakes gone?  The truth, friends, is that they have gone the way of my waistline.  I've lost almost ten pounds on Weight Watchers so I've had to seriously cut down on the cupcakes in my life.  But I still love a good cupcake and a good treat.  Especially on Halloween!  So when the lovely ladies of NNAF came over my place for a little pre-Halloween pizza and wine I had to bring back the cupcakes.




These are the pumpkin cheesecake bites with orea crust and caramel topping that I also made.  The recipe (which is a lot easier than it might sound) is below.  Enjoy your treats!

Ingredients:
8 oreos
1.5 Tbs. Butter
8 oz. package of cream cheese
1/2 cup of pumpkin puree 
1/2 cup of sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla 
1/2 tsp. cinnamon 
1/4 tsp. nutmeg 
1 tub caramel dip 
cupcake papers 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  

Grind oreos in a food processor.  Mix with 1.5 Tbs. of melted butter.  Press into bottoms of muffin papers and bake for ten minutes.  

Blend cream cheese, sugar, pumpkin puree, egg, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.  Spoon mixture on top of oreo crust, until 3/4 full.  

Bake 25-28 minutes or until set.  Top each with 1 tsp. caramel dip.  

Makes 12




No comments:

Post a Comment