Monday, December 23, 2013

Holiday Party Recipes

Hosting parties is one of my favorite things to do and I recently had a holiday cocktail party.  Many people asked for my recipes so I'm sharing many of them here along with pictures!


Let's start with the all important bar.  A well stocked bar makes for a great party and the whiskey punch was a big hit on this snowy night.  I usually let people try it before I let them know the ingredients because it's deceptively simple.  Empty a can of frozen lemonade into your punch bowl.  Then use the can as a measuring tool to add one can's worth of whiskey and two of seltzer. Mix and serve! 





Then comes the savory buffet...



And not to be outdone, the sweets!

Almond wedges
Linzer cookies


Mini gingerbread cupcakes with cinnamon cream cheese frosting



Pecan pie bites

All of which were accompanied by apple tart and eggnog panna cotta which escaped the camera. 

Parties are a great time to make memories.  But they also come with many memories built in.  The punch bowl was a gift from my friend Kristen and the drink tub a gift to Jake from my mom.  The flowers on the table were sent to me by my future mother-in-law.  The copper chafing dish was handed down to me by my grandfather.  I repurposed centerpieces from friends' weddings and showers as additional decor.  A cross-stitch piece of the twelve days of Christmas that my grandmother made hung in the window.  I remembered the last time I made those deviled eggs was for a lovely late summer picnic Jake and I had in Gloucester.  And the last time I wore the sparkly dress was to dinner after our engagement.   

I love the holidays and all the memories they bring, all the chances to spend with the people you care about.  Which is exactly why I love hosting a good party.  May your days be merry and bright and filled with delicious noshes and good company.  Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment