Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 - New Beginnings and Old Blooms

Happy New Year!  New Year's Day is all about new beginnings.  And while everything's covered in snow now, nothing makes me think of new beginnings more than my little garden.  I started "urban gardening" about a year and a half ago and I've since accumulated a nice little collection of pots and hanging boxes.  I usually do two plantings per year - one in the spring, and the other in late summer/early fall.  So as I'm dreaming of warmer months, here are some bright blooms to add cheer to your day.

Flox are pretty and colorful, but short-lived
These marigolds continued to bloom long after the first frost
Taking a vegetative turn with decorative cabbage and peppers
Nothing's prettier than flowers against a backdrop of fall leaves
Mums are my favorite fall flower

No comments:

Post a Comment