Sunday, April 8, 2012

Planting a Seed

A couple weeks ago when it was really warm I decided I wanted to plant flowers on our balcony.  I bought dirt and seeds and planters.  Of course since then it's gotten cold again, but we're past the threat of frost now so today I muddied my hands and braved the chill to plant some seeds.  It felt like a fitting way to celebrate both Easter and spring.  

Here are the before photos.  I got these great hanging planters at Crate and Barrel.  Hopefully in a few weeks I'll be able to show you the after.  



I planted a variety of flowers and herbs.  One is supposed to attract monarch butterflies and another is supposed to drape over the planter.  


I'm so excited for warmer weather so I can enjoy sitting out on my balcony, hopefully surrounded by beautiful flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment