Sunday, March 30, 2014

Classy Brunch in a Jiffy

People wonder why I'm so obsessed with servingware.  The answer is because it's the key to classing up any meal quick.  Store bought cupcakes (gasp!)?  Put them on a tiered serving dish and it looks great.  Let's be real, anything looks good on a tiered serving dish. 

In search of a quick, light, and healthy brunch I went with fruit salad, greek yogurt, granola, and scones.  Buying things like yogurt and granola that don't need any additional prep is a big time saver.  I also used both pre-cut fruit from Whole Foods with some self-cut strawberries and bananas.  Sometimes time is money.  It freed me up to focus on the scones that I baked at home in my adorable mini scone pan that I've been coveting for so long.  I love seemingly unnecessary baking pans, especially when it allows you to make something "mini."  



Key items used here: serving bowls in a variety of sizes, tiered serving trays, candlesticks (while not a serving item, do not underestimate the power of a badass set of candlesticks to class things up).  Not pictured here: a pitcher.  It killed me to have to put that Tropicana out on the table like that.  So I immediately did some online research and I'm thinking about this as my next purchase:

Gatsby Pitcher

What items is your home missing?  Throw it in a pitcher, put it on a tray, stick it on a cake stand - I guarantee it'll look like a million bucks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment