Friday, September 27, 2013

The Search for Bagels Continues at Kupel's Bakery

I've been on and Odyssean journey to find good bagels outside of New York City.  So I was extremely excited when a friend recommended Kupel's Bakery.  I figured, if I'm going to find good bagels in Boston, I'm going to find them in Brookline.  So I headed out on the 66 bus hungry and eager. 

I ordered a sesame bagel, my favorite.  It looked perfect - golden brown, lots of sesame seeds, the right amount of cream cheese.  Could this be it, the answer to all my blog's questions?  The end of my search?


Sadly, no.  This bagel is more like a roll with a whole in it.  Bagels need to be chewy and crispy and soft, all at once.  They shouldn't just taste like funny shaped bread.  So alas, the journey continues.  If you know where to get a good bagel in Boston, be a friend and leave your suggestions in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment